Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sneezes

Remember how in middle school someone told you that if you sneezed with your eyes open, your eyes would pop out? Well, I can't prove or disprove that myth either way. Truth be told, I'm afraid to try. I'm a little afraid that it's true. I also remember hearing that when you sneeze your heart stops momentarily. I feel pretty confident that that one is not true. However, I have learned something regarding sneezes with 100% certainty in the last few weeks. I have learned that if you are, oh, six or more months pregnant, and you sneeze, you WILL pee in your pants. There's just no way around it. Sure, you can do a Kegel, you can cross your legs, but inevitably a tiny bit of pee will sneak out. And if you are not taking one of these preventative measures, a lot of pee will sneak out. A change-your-undies amount. I don't remember this being true in the past so much. Maybe it's a product of having carried multiple babies; I don't know. But I feel that I've done my part to warn others of this wonderful side effect of sneezing while pregnant. And I think when my kids are in middle school, I'll share THAT little tidbit with them so that they can at least spread truths regarding the facts of sneezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment