Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mommy Moment

I had one of those moments tonight--when I could have either completely lost it, screamed and thrown things, or just laughed. Allow me to paint you a picture. I'm sitting in the kids' bathroom on the toilet, ready to brush teeth. The iPod is next to me, playing my theme music. (I highly recommend theme music. It gets me through a lot of tense moments!) At that exact moment, my theme song happened to be the cast of Glee's version of 4 Minutes, originally by Madonna and Justin. Anyway, I was rocking out, but it's important to note that it was a little loud and therefore added to the chaos in the next few moments. First, the littlest, who was sitting atop one knee, became impatient and began crying. Then, the biggest, too busy dancing along to my theme music, ignored my request to begin brushing his teeth no less than three times. Then, the middlest, who was trying out her crazy straw in Owen's bathroom cup, fell off the stool, poking Mommy with the straw and splashing water all over the bathroom and those occupying it. All three of these things happened at once, as Glee continued to remind me that "we only got four minutes to save the world!" So I took it in. I thought it over. And despite my long day and today's ever-present headache, I had to laugh. Rather hysterically, bordering on psychotically, but I laughed nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment