Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lice?!

I awoke from a dream this morning in which my entire family had become infested with lice. As I'd been volunteering in my son's classroom the day before, this was not an impossibility. Naturally, I spent the morning imagining an itchy scalp. A few hours later, my husband dropped my son off at school and learned that there was indeed a lice "outbreak" at his school. I know what you're thinking-- I'm psychic. And I just may be. And yes, I will someday play the lottery and win millions. But today, I'm more concerned about the lice issue. Now, they checked my son at school, and he's clean. Thank goodness for boys and their short hair! And I've since washed all of our sheets and compulsively checked my daughter. Considering I can count all of the hairs on her 11-month-old head, I don't think it's going to be a problem, but you can never be too sure. I've also had everyone that I've seen today check my head. My husband was none too thrilled about this; apparently, it's no aphrodisiac, the checking of heads for lice. I guess it's a good thing I didn't need to run any errands today. Not sure how the checkout girl at Walmart would've reacted to my request for her to check my scalp. So anyway, today's message is short but simple: check your kid's scalp. Don't get liced!

No comments:

Post a Comment